WELL ADJUSTED OSTEOPATHY, COVID-19 AND YOU
Welcome to our dedicated COVID-19 information page.
This page tells you what’s happening at our osteopathy clinic during this time.
Three reasons we’re open during the COVID-19 pandemic
1. ACT Health encourages us to stay open and provide pain diagnostic, pain treatment and pain management services for you.
2. As an allied healthcare clinic in South Canberra, by staying open we’re helping prevent patient overload on Canberra doctors’ surgeries and hospitals as well as helping our front line medical services maintain the capacity to accept COVID-19 and other medical emergencies as they arise.
3. As Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registered, university qualified practitioners with specialised expertise, we’re working hard to keep you healthy during these unprecedented times. This includes continuing to offer hands-on treatments with the highest standards of COVID-19 hygiene.
How do you know it’s safe to come to the clinic?
To help you make an informed decision about attending the clinic, below we’ve outlined the ways we safeguard your wellbeing and minimise your exposure to COVID-19 at an in-person appointment.
How we safeguard your wellbeing if you come to the clinic
• As healthcare professionals, we’re meticulous in our response to COVID-19. We’re guided by the current information issued by ACT Health
• We monitor both Australian Government and ACT Health Department advice multiple times a day. We make changes to our clinical practice immediately if the advice changes.
• We’re a small clinic and we quickly adapt to any recommended changes.
• We’ll only stay open if the benefits to you outweigh any risk to either you or to our practitioners.
• We’re regulated allied healthcare professionals. We adhere to the strictest health guidelines because we care about you and our purpose is to help you with pain management through these challenging times.
• By adhering to the highest standards of hygiene and clinical practice, we’re ensuring that community transmission between our patients and practitioners is avoided.
What we’re doing to keep our clinic COVID-19-free
• Our clinic is regularly cleaned and sanitised to the Australian Government’s environmental cleaning and disinfection standards for COVID-19. We clean our treatment rooms between patients.
• Practitioners wash and sanitise their hands in accordance with COVID-19 health guidelines (at a minimum, once at the start and once at the end of your appointment).
• Alison has completed her Australian Government Department of Health Infection Control Training–COVID-19 training.
WHAT IS THE CURRENT COVID-19 SITUATION?
The current COVID-19 situation is relatively stable but is potentially subject to sudden change. Stay informed about the spread of COVID-19 and the steps that are being taken by the Australian Government, to slow the spread. The latest information can be found on the Department of Health website.
The most up to date information regarding quarantine can be found here. This page also contains links to your State or Territory website, for more specific information on isolation and quarantine.
𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗠𝗔𝗬 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗗 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗟𝗦𝗧 𝗜𝗡 𝗤𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗘
Additionally, you may 𝗡𝗢𝗧 attend your appointment if any of the following applies to you:
You are currently experiencing a fever (≥37.5°C) or recent history of fever (e.g. night sweats, chills)
acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, shortness of breath, sore throat)
loss of sense of smell or taste
you feel unwell
𝗔𝗗𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬, 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗠𝗔𝗬 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗗 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗜𝗙 𝗔𝗡𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗢𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗧𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨:
You have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the 7 days prior to your appointment
You are feeling unwell and have returned from interstate travel in the 7 days prior to your appointment
You are a healthcare, aged or residential care workers / staff with direct COVID-19 patient contact;
What’s the best way to book your osteopathy appointment ?
It’s easy to book your appointment with Well Adjusted Osteopathy.
click BOOK NOW (found on the top of every Well Adjusted Osteopathy webpage).
You can also book by phone 1300 678 360 (our phone number can also be found on every web page, top left).